Come work with us!
Park rangers may be the most recognizable face of North Carolina's state parks system, but their dedication to the mission of stewardship is complemented by the skills and talents of many others — maintenance mechanics, administrative personnel, biologists, educators, planners, and seasonal workers. It take a committed team to serve millions of visitors each year.
Watch the video to learn more about the different types of jobs at the N.C. Division of Parks and Recreation.
Types of Employment
All permanent job listings are posted through the North Carolina Office of State Human Resources.
Please note that most permanent employment opportunities have a very short posting period of only a few days. As such, permanent employment opportunities are not posted on this page.
The Online Job Application System allows you to create a "Get Job Alerts" link that will notify you via email when a position matching your interests and skills become available.
To use the Online Job Application System, you will need to create an account in order to submit an application for employment. Sign in or create a new account through the "Sign In" button at the top right of the page. There is a link at the bottom of the pop-up box to create a new account.
Temporary jobs are available at most state parks and state recreation areas with varying durations of employment to include more opportunities during our peak season. A variety of opportunities are available for park attendants, lifeguards, office assistants, naturalists, maintenance, and grounds keepers.
Current seasonal job openings are listed here. You can also contact a state park directly to inquire about current and upcoming seasonal employment opportunities.
All seasonal job applicants must use the N.C. State Government Paper Application for Employment (PD-107) to apply:
Current temporary job openings:
- Eno River: General Utility Worker and Park Technician
- Falls Lake: General Utility Worker, Park Attendant / Fee Collector, and Park Technician
- Hanging Rock: Chief Lifeguard, General Utility Worker, and Lifeguard
- Jordan Lake: General Utility Workers and Park Attendants / Ticket Booth Operators
- Lake Norman: General Utility Worker and Visitor Center Office Assistant
- Weymouth Woods: General Utility Workers
- William B. Umstead: General Utility Worker
Coastal Plains Region
- Dismal Swamp: General Utility Workers
- Fort Fisher: Ocean Lifeguards
- Goose Creek: Office Assistant, Park Attendants and Park Naturalist
- Hammocks Beach: Deckhand, Ferry Operator, GUW, Intern, Lifeguard, Park Technician, and Refreshment Stand / Bathhouse Fee Collector
- Jockey's Ridge: Office Assistant and Park Technicians (Maintenance and Natural Resource Management only)
- Raven Rock: General Utility Worker