Annual Pass Program
Annual Pass Program
Due to overwhelming online demand, we are unable to process orders for the Annual Pass on our webstore at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience and we will make them available online again later this summer. When park offices and visitor centers open, Annual Passes will also be available for purchase on-site at participating parks.
There are two ways to purchase an Annual Pass at this time:
Option 1: BY MAIL
Purchase an Annual Pass by printing and mailing us an order form, along with your payment.
- The Annual Pass is $90, plus $0.55 for shipping.
- The Seasonal Parking Pass for Falls Lake, Jordan Lake, and Kerr Lake is $60, plus $0.55 for shipping.
We accept only personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders by mail. Make the check payable to N.C. State Parks.
Please send the completed form and check to:
NC Division of Parks and Recreation
A $25 fee is charged for returned checks.
If you have questions about purchasing an Annual Pass by mail, please email us.
Option 2: AT FORT FISHER STATE RECREATION AREA
Fort Fisher State Recreation Area is currently selling Annual Passes on-site at the park.
Fort Fisher State Recreation Area
1000 Loggerhead Road
Kure Beach, 28449
Please note that the Seasonal Parking Pass for Falls Lake, Jordan Lake, and Kerr Lake can only be purchased by mail.
About the Annual Pass
The North Carolina State Parks Annual Pass program allows visitors to enjoy equipment rentals, swimming, and more at our state parks all year long.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, several facilities are currently CLOSED. Please check park pages for additional information on facility status before you purchase. There are no equipment rentals or access to inland swim beaches until further notice. We are not offering refunds or extensions for the Annual Pass.
- The Annual Pass covers up to six individuals for swimming, equipment rentals, and the Hammocks Beach State Park ferry. It also covers one boat launch at Carolina Beach and Hammocks Beach state parks; one car admission to Falls Lake, Jordan Lake and Kerr Lake state recreation areas; and one four-wheel-drive beach vehicle access at Fort Fisher State Recreation Area. Each of these benefits can be redeemed once per day. The Annual Pass costs $90 (plus $0.55 for shipping for mail orders).
- The Seasonal Parking Pass covers only one car admission to Falls Lake, Jordan Lake, and Kerr Lake. It does not include any other benefits. The Seasonal Parking Pass costs $60 (plus $0.55 for shipping for mail orders).
- The majority of North Carolina state parks are already free to enter. The Annual Pass and the Seasonal Parking Pass are not an "entrance pass." The Annual Pass and the Seasonal Parking Pass do cover one vehicle admission to Falls Lake, Jordan Lake, and Kerr Lake state recreation areas. They do not cover admission to the attraction at Chimney Rock State Park. They do not cover admission to the privately-owned Grandfather Mountain attraction that is adjacent to the state park.
- The Annual Pass covers the ferry pass at Hammocks Beach State Park only. The ferry is currently unavailable due to COVID-19. The pass does not cover other North Carolina ferries.
- The Annual Pass does not cover any camping reservation fees. Please check out our gift cards if you would like to give the gift of camping (gift cards also cover equipment rentals and swim passes).
- The 2020 Annual Pass and the 2020 Seasonal Parking Pass is valid from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020 — regardless of when you purchase the pass. There are no extensions.
- Vehicles must display the pass from the rear-view mirror. A receipt for the Annual Pass or the Seasonal Parking Pass does not substitute for the actual pass.
- The Annual Pass and the Seasonal Parking Pass are non-refundable. Lost and/or stolen passes will not be replaced. Duplication of passes is prohibited.