The N.C. Division of Parks and Recreation supports a work environment that fosters respect and values all people regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or National Guard status. We are committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access (DEIA) and want to see this value infused in all areas of the state parks system.
- Diversity is understanding that everyone is unique and that we must recognize our individual differences and similarities. It encompasses acceptance and respect while embracing various backgrounds, professional experience, skills and specialization, values and culture, and socioeconomic status.
- Equity refers to the qualities of justness, fairness, impartiality, and even-handedness. This involves factoring in aspects of the system that have put particular groups at a disadvantage. Equity is inclusive equality.
- Inclusion is acknowledging, welcoming, respecting, supporting, and valuing the authentic participation of any individual or group. It is creating an environment that engages multiple perspectives, differing ideas, and individuals from different backgrounds, while providing a sense of belonging.
- Access for All, as well as the acknowledgment that for it all to work cohesively, we must integrate access. Integration not only acknowledges the variety of racial and ethnic backgrounds, but it accepts, encourages, and thrives in it.
- Create and sustain an inclusive culture
- Build a diverse workforce
- Strengthen community relationships with minority communities through education and access
- Integrate diversity and inclusion in business partnerships
- Retain and develop top diverse talent
Employment Opportunities at North Carolina State Parks
- All permanent job listings are posted through the North Carolina Office of State Human Resources Online Job Application System.
- Looking for employment? Set up Job Alerts through the Online Job Application System to receive notification for job opportunities that match your job categories of interest.
North Carolina State Parks: Career Opportunities Seminars
Every quarter, N.C. State Parks hosts career opportunities seminars, geared towards students and alumni of relevant degree programs to include Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
The next seminar has not been scheduled. In the meantime, you can view recordings of previous seminars:
Fall 2021 Virtual Career Opportunities Seminar
Spring 2021 Virtual Career Opportunities Seminar
Fall 2020 Virtual Career Opportunities Seminar