Given the continued threat of COVID-19 and variants of the virus, face masks are required for indoor areas of the park, including the Visitor Center and bathhouses. All visitors must wear face masks while indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
The Visitor Center is open, including the museum exhibits. Park maps are available outside to the right of the front doors.
You can make reservations for any of our facilities online or by calling 1-877-722-6762.
- All of our picnic shelters are open and can be reserved for the day.
- Youth Tent Camp is open and can be reserved by the night.
- Maple Hill Lodge can only be reserved with a two-night stay on Fridays and Saturdays.
- We are accepting reservations for Camp Crabtree and Camp Lapihio. Please call the park office for more information.
- Sycamore Cabins remain closed.
- NO BOAT RENTALS will be offered in 2021.
Most water fountains and spigots are operational; however, visitors should still bring their own water and stay hydrated in the heat.
Weekend Delays: The park can reach full parking capacity on weekends, and visitors must wait for one vehicle to leave before the next vehicle may enter. Please be prepared by arriving early morning or late afternoon, and have a backup plan if the park is full when you arrive. Weekdays are the best time to visit to avoid parking closures and crowds.
Please note that this alert is updated only when something changes. North Carolina Executive Order 225 is in effect as of August 20, 2021.
Last updated on: Monday, August 23, 2021