Weekend Delays: The park has been routinely reaching full parking capacity on weekends and visitors must wait for one vehicle to leave before the next vehicle may enter. Please be prepared by arriving early morning or late afternoon, and have a backup plan if the park is full when you arrive. Weekdays are the best time to visit to avoid parking closures and crowds.
BRING WATER! There are no water fountains available.
NO BOAT RENTALS will be offered in 2021.
The Visitor Center is open, including the museum exhibits. Unvaccinated visitors should wear a mask indoors. Park maps are available outside to the right of the front doors.
You can make reservations for any of our facilities online or by calling 1-877-722-6762.
- All of our picnic shelters are open and can be reserved for the day.
- Youth Tent Camp is open and can be reserved by the night.
- Maple Hill Lodge can only be reserved with a two-night stay on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Sycamore Cabins remain closed.
- We are accepting reservations for Camp Crabtree and Camp Lapihio. Please call the park office for more information.
Please note that this alert is updated only when something changes. Generally, state parks are following the phased reopening statewide. North Carolina Executive Order 215 is in effect as of May 14, 2021.
Last updated on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021