Important Information Before Visiting:
1. Bring WATER! There are no water fountains, please bring enough water to drink.
2. Bring a MAP! You can print maps online before you come to the park or pick one up at our Visitor Center or trail Kiosks. We have over 30 MILES of trails in the park and many trails are not loop trails so please bring a map and plan your hike. Pay special attenton to the distance and difficulty rating of the trails you will be on.
3. Gates lock at 8:00pm. Please plan your visit so you are able to leave before the gates lock.
Park hours will be 8:00am to 8:00pm on both sides of the park. *On Saturday and Sunday mornings, the Reedy Creek entrance at Harrison Avenue and I-40 will open at 7:00am. The Crabtree entrance at Glenwood Avenue will open at 8:00am seven days a week. Entry before or after operating hours is trespassing.
*IMPORTANT: The park will close when full and no cars will be allowed to enter until more parking becomes available. As one vehicle leaves the park, the next vehicle in line will be allowed to enter.
4. We are opening trails and restrooms to provide fresh air and exercise during this difficult time. Visitors should make their visits brief and focus on moving through the park, without stopping any place where multiple people may be in one area. This is not the time to “hang out” at the park.
5. Please bring hand sanitizer and go to the bathroom before coming to the park. Restrooms will be open, but we have limited supplies of toilet paper and soap, so please conserve.
6. Please follow all current state guidelines on social distancing and gatherings. Visitors should maintain a social distance, including on trails — move aside for people to pass.
7. Visitors should wear a face covering, like a bandana or a mask, that allows them to breathe easily on the trail without spreading as many germs.
8. If you are hiking in a group, walk single file when you are passing someone on a trail.
*Special Message: We are still operating the park on a limited opening capacity to allow people to visit and enjoy the park and the outdoors while also adjusting operations to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. COVID-19 Guidelines and Recommendations should still be followed. Please keep proper social distance, allow room for others to pass, and avoid gathering in groups.
Please also respect park staff who have been given specific operational guidelines for cleaning and social distancing requirements for their safety and to reduce the potential spread of infection.
*Visitor behavior is IMPERATIVE to create conditions that will allow us to keep our parks open. Failure to respect these guidelines could cause parks to be closed and may impact additional park facilities from reopening.*
Last updated on: Friday, October 9, 2020