Trails and Maintenance (Seasonal GUW Position)
until the position is filled.
Hours: 40 hours per week, 7:30am to 4:30pm
Days: Varied, weekend and holiday work required
Pay: $10 per hour
Job term: Seasonal, 11 months. Possibility for rehire after 1-month mandatory leave.
Start date: ASAP
- Trail work:
- Outdoor manual labor repairing existing trails and creating new trail reroutes
- Trimming fire lines, service roads, trails
- Other park cleanup and maintenance:
- Cleaning facilities
- Removing litter and/or debris
- Mowing and maintaining grounds throughout the park
- Operating park machinery: riding mower, tractor, chainsaw, weedeater
- Assisting permanent staff in the performance of their duties
- Participating on prescribed burns after obtaining all necessary training
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to work in all types of weather
- Must be willing to work flexible hours when emergencies, events, or prescribed burns require longer hours
- Previous work outdoors or maintenance experience preferrred
How to apply
You must fill out the NC State Government Paper Application for Employment (PD-107). Applications can be picked up at the visitor center as well.
Completed forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in person or by mail to the park office at 1024 Fort Bragg Road, Southern Pines, NC 28387.