Boating, swimming, treasure hunting? We've got some summer fun ideas for you...
- Fun this summer begins with a visit to Fort Macon State Park for one of their Summer Concerts in the Fort series; June 16th and June 30th.
- Don’t miss the Farmer's Markets' every Saturday through August, or the Summer Campground Jams every Wednesday night at Hanging Rock State Park.
- Do you like to fish? Join us for our Catch A Sure Thing (C.A.S.T) program aimed at kids aged 6-12 years, at Jordan Lake State Recreation Area.
- Enjoy Sunset on the Ridge or hunt for Blackbeard’s Treasure at Jockey’s Ridge State Park throughout June, July and August.
- The pool is open at Morrow Mountain State; bring your towel.
- Boat on the largest natural lake in North Carolina at Pettigrew State Park.
- If the mountain air is more your speed, then don’t miss a hike to Mount Jefferson’s Climate Tower July 8th.
- Be part of a once in a lifetime experience. Plan your trip to Gorges State Park the weekend of August 20-21st for the Total Solar Eclipse.
- Or, join members of the Forsyth Astronomy Club for a look at the night sky at the Astronomy Program at Stone Mountain State Park starting July and running throughout the summer.
- Did you know South Mountains has an Equestrian camping area with 15 campsites and a 33-stall barn?