Shop Reservations Newsroom



Cypress trees at Singletary Lake State Park
Home >> Singletary Lake State Park >> Fees/FAQs/Rules

Map of North Carolina – Singletary Lake State Park

Contact the park



Park office

6707 N.C. 53 E.
Kelly, NC 28448

GPS: 34.5831, -78.4496


  • Year-round:
    8:00am to 5:00pm
  • Closed Christmas Day
  • Public access is limited to hiking, fishing, and private watercraft. Swimming is available for group campers only.




Additional information

There are no entrance fees to enjoy the park. In addition to park-specific rules, please read the systemwide Park Rules for all North Carolina State Parks.

Swimming and Boating

The public may boat, swim and fish in the lake when the group camps are not in use by obtaining permission from park staff.

State Lake Operations for White Lake and Bay Tree Lake

Singletary Lake State Park office manages state lake operations for White Lake and Bay Tree Lake.  Please contact the park office for information or questions regarding piers, buoys, swim lines, seawalls, special activity permits or other state lake concerns. 

Bay Tree Lake State Park

Bay Tree State Park is an undeveloped state park with no facilities to accommodate day use or overnight campers.  This access is managed as a natural area and requires 4-wheel drive to navigate the terrain.  All State Park Rules and Regulations apply.


T-shirts are available for sale at the Singletary Lake State Park office during office hours.  Three designs are available which include Camp Ipecac, Camp Loblolly Bay and Singletary Lake State Park.  Group sales can be made prior to or during your visit by requesting a t-shirt order form.


Event permits. Some events—such as weddings, athletic contests, company parties, etc.—may require a Special Activity Permit. If you're unsure whether such a permit is necessary for your event, call the park office beforehand. You can download a Special Activity Permit application or obtain one from the park office.

Research and collection permits. A permit is required for any project involving the collection, removal or disturbance of any natural or cultural resource of any state park unit and for projects that require placing monitoring equipment in any state park unit. Learn more about research and collection permits or fill out a permit application online.


A $25 fee will be charged for all returned checks.