Morrow Mountain State Park seeks Concessions Attendant - Boathouse
Dates employed: March- November 3rd (Boathouse opens March 30th. Training and boathouse prep in the weeks before)
Hours: 40 hours per week. Weekend and holiday work required.
Pay: $8.00 per hour
Minimum age: 15
Job Description: Duties include: collecting boat fees, selling refreshments and other concessions, assisting boaters with launching and re-docking of boats, providing information and/or answering questions for the public, performing routine housekeeping tasks in the boathouse, restrooms, and associated grounds to maintain clean, operable, and safe park facilities. Employee may perform daily tasks such as lifting moderately heavy objects, bending, stooping, standing, working in restricted areas, and performing strenuous tasks in all types of indoor and outdoor conditions. Employee must adhere to a dress code that properly exemplifies a professional demeanor and Morrow Mountain State Park.
- accurately count money and make correct change
- operate a computer, cash register, and two-way radio
- communicate efficiently with the general public and park staff, to include: the ability to receive, understand and convey good oral and written instructions to complete daily tasks alone or within a team setting
- use proper materials, methods, and equipment to clean and sanitize restrooms
- properly and safely lift 25- 50 pounds
- endure standing for extended times in outdoor conditions
How to apply
Complete the NC State Employment Application (PD-107) and mail with original signature to Morrow Mountain State Park.
Specify position name/title (vacancy # not required). Multiple positions for the same park may be listed.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by the hiring supervisor for the position. Candidates chosen for employment will be notified as soon as possible.