Morrow Mountain State Park seeks Boathouse Manager
Dates Employed: March to November 3rd (Boathouse opens March 30th. Training and boathouse prep in weeks before)
Hours: 40 hours per week. Weekend and holiday work required.
Pay: $9.00 per hour
Minimum age: 18
Job Description: Responsible for the overall daily operations of the boathouse, to include: scheduling concession staff to adequately provide customer service, boat rentals, concession sales, daily accounting of sales, weekly inventory of items for sale, cleaning and maintaining facility and equipment. Day to day duties include: collecting boat fees, selling refreshments and other concessions, assisting boaters with launching and re-docking boats, providing information and/or answering questions for the public, performing routine housekeeping tasks in the boathouse, restrooms, and associated grounds to maintain clean, operable, and safe park facilities. Employee may perform daily tasks such as lifting moderately heavy objects, bending, stooping, standing, working in restricted areas, and performing strenuous tasks in all types of indoor and outdoor conditions. Employee must adhere to a dress code that properly exemplifies a professional demeanor and Morrow Mountain State Park.
- Must have good leadership, communication, customer service, and people skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently with the general public and park staff to include: the ability to receive, understand, and convey good oral and written instructions to complete daily tasks alone or within a team setting
- Must be able to accurately count money, make correct change, and balance a cash drawer
- Ability to operate a computer, cash register, and two-way radio
- Proficiency in general maintenance and janitorial tasks with the ability to operate various tools and equipment, use proper materials, methods, and equipment to clean and sanitize restrooms
- Ability to properly and safely lift 25-50 pounds
- Ability to endure standing for extended times in outdoor conditions
How to apply
Complete the NC State Employment Application (PD-107) and mail with original signature to Morrow Mountain State Park.
Specify position name/title (vacancy # not required). Multiple positions for the same park may be listed.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by the hiring supervisor for the position. Candidates chosen for employment will be notified as soon as possible.