Seasonal Part-Time Visitor Center Front Desk Assistant (2 positions)
until the position is filled.
We are currently in need of part-time seasonals to work at the front desk of the park's visitor center.
Work schedule could be anywhere from 3 to 5 days a week, consisting of weekdays, rotating weekends and holidays. Work hours are typically 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., depending on the day. There could be some evenings work if there is an event or meeting in the visitor center.
The position pays $9.00 per hour.
The job description consists of, but is not limited to:
- Effectively communicate verbally and written
- Operate a network telephone
- Perform basic operations on a computer (word processing, spreadsheets, internet)
- Use a computer program to book camping and facility reservations
- Rent out boats and maintain the boathouse
- Operate two-way radios
- Operate an adding machine
- Assist in the management of emergencies, i.e. receive reports of medical problems and call for help, etc.
- Assist office assistants by greeting park visitors and providing them with information and assistance
- Answer the telephone and take messages
- Perform clerical duties such as typing letters and fliers, completing forms, processing facility reservations, handling money and other forms of payment
- Clean, maintain and disinfect the visitor center and its public restrooms, as well as the offices, restrooms, kitchen and lower level hallway
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone who:
- Can effectively communicate verbally and written
- Has knowledge of the region and local community surrounding the park
How to apply
If you are interested, please complete the NC State Government Paper Application for Employment. A copy of the application can be picked up at the visitor center as well.
You can submit your completed application in person at the visitor center, located at 759 State Park Road, Troutman, NC 28166 or email it at email@example.com.
For any questions, please call Karen Fresco at 704-528-6350.