until the position is filled.
June to September
- 40 hours per week
- Typically, 8-hour workdays with 1-hour lunch
- Weekend and holiday work required
$10.30 per hour
16 years old
- Monitor the designated swim lake to provide assistance, protection, prevention, and emergency response to visitors when required
- Lifeguard certification from the Red Cross, as well as CPR and first aid certification, required
- Maintain surveillance of visitors and swimmers for emergencies during operating hours
- Custodial and routine maintenance of bathhouse, boathouse, parking lot, and swim beach
- Provide first aid and emergency medical procedures when necessary
- Use oral and visual communication techniques
- Interact with visitors and provide customer service
- Understand and ensure rules and regulations of protected swim area are adhered to by park visitors
- Use a two-way/VHF radio
- Work as a team member
- Other duties as assigned
How to apply
Complete the NC State Government Paper Application for Employment (PD-107) and return it to Lake Norman State Park. Please specify position name/title (vacancy number is not required).
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by the hiring supervisor for the position. Candidates chosen for employment will be notified as soon as possible.