until the position is filled.
These positions will begin in May, working up to 40 hours weekly, with weekend and holiday work required.
Work is outdoors and includes exposure to heat, humidity, rain, insects, and other environmental conditions.
The pay is $14 per hour.
Applicants must hold current lifeguard certification.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring proper operation of all aspects of the swim beach area
- Ensuring a safe environment in and out of the water for all park visitors at the swim beach
- Effectively working with other lifeguards to ensure duties are carried properly, promptly, and courteously
- Notifying rangers of emergencies and rule violations in the swim beach area
- Cleaning public restrooms, picking up litter, emptying garbage cans, and cleaning grills
How to apply
If you are interested, please complete the NC State Government Paper Application for Employment. A copy of the application can be picked up at the visitor center as well.
You can submit your completed application in person at the visitor center, located at 759 State Park Road, Troutman, NC 28166 or email it at email@example.com.
For any questions, please call the park at 704-528-6350.