The Itusi Bike Trails are OPEN.Last updated on: Friday, September 24, 2021
The visitor center is open from 9am to 5pm Monday thru Sunday.
There are limited boat rentals available on the weekends.
Boat rentals are $10 per hour.
The swim beach is open. There are no lifeguards on duty, swim at your own risk. The bathhouse and concessions is currently closed.
Hiking trails, boat ramp, and restroom facilities are open. Bike trails are open, weather permitting.
Indoor facalities such as Community Building, Auditoriums, and Classrooms are open for reservations through the Visitor Center only. Indoor facalities are limited to 50 people per reservation/event.
Outdoor facalities such as Shelters are open for reservations. Shelters are limited to 50 -100 people per reservation/event.
Family campsites and group campsites are open for reservations. Visit the reservations website or call 1-877-722-6762 to make a reservation. Reservations for available campsites may be made on the day of arrival up to 7:00 pm. Reservations for available cabins may be made on the day of arrival up to 5:00 pm.
Please note that this alert is updated only when something changes. Masks are required inside the Visitor Center.Last updated on: Thursday, September 23, 2021
Contact the park
759 State Park Road
Troutman, NC 28166
GPS: 35.6725, -80.9325
- November to February:
7:00am to 6:00pm
- March to April:
7:00am to 8:00pm
- May to August:
7:00am to 9:00pm
- September to October:
7:00am to 8:00pm
- 24-hour access to campground and boat launch is available through the entrance on St. Johns Road.
- Closed Christmas Day
- Open daily:
9:00am to 5:00pm
- Closed Christmas Day
There are no entrance fees to enjoy the park. In addition to park-specific rules, please read the systemwide Park Rules for all North Carolina State Parks.
The swimming area is open to the public year-round. Lifeguard service is offered from 10am to 5:30pm from Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day.
Fees: Swimming fees are only charged when lifeguards are on duty. The swim beach accepts only cash. If you are paying with a credit card, please go to the visitor center first to pay.
Adult (13 and over) --- $6/day
Child ages 3 - 12 --- $4/day
- Lifeguard service and locker rooms are only offered from 10am to 5:30pm from Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day
- Alcohol or being intoxicated is not allowed anywhere in the park.
- Pets are not allowed in the swim area, beach buildings or adjacent grassy hillsides and may not be left unattended anywhere in the park.
- Swimming and wading are allowed only inside the designated area.
- In the event of thunder/lightning, the beach will be cleared until 30 minutes past the last sign of danger. No refunds/rainchecks will be given for bad weather.
- Throwing objects - hard balls, sand, mud or rocks - is prohibited as other swimmers could be injured.
- Scuba diving is prohibited.
- Metal detecting is not allowed anywhere in the park.
- Coolers are allowed; however, glass and metal cans are prohibited.
- Touching swim lines or wooden pilings is prohibited.
- Visitors must obey the commands of lifeguards.
Canoe and Pedalboat Rental
Currently, due to COVID-19 and staff availability, only canoes and pedalboats are available for rent at the visitor center on Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until October 10, 2021. Starting October 16, 2021, only pedalboats will be available for rent.
Canoes accommodate 1 to 4 persons each and pedalboats accommodate 2 to 4 persons.
$10 per hour
Event permits. Some events—such as weddings, athletic contests, company parties, etc.—may require a Special Activity Permit. If you're unsure whether such a permit is necessary for your event, call the park office beforehand. You can download a Special Activity permit application or obtain one from the park office.
Research and collection permits. A permit is required for any project involving the collection, removal or disturbance of any natural or cultural resource of any state park unit and for projects that require placing monitoring equipment in any state park unit. Learn more about research and collection permits or fill out a permit application online.
A $25 fee will be charged for all returned checks.