We are currently accepting applications for Seasonal General Utility Worker Positions.
GUW's are responsible for the maintenance and operation of a state park including janitorial work and groundskeeping. Duties include driving state-owned vehicle, cleaning public restrooms, picking up litter, using commercial lawn mowers, using weed trimmers, use of hand tools, and other power equipment. Frequent contact with the public to answer questions or assist visitors. All positions include weekend and holiday work. Minimum age of 18 and a valid driver’s license is required. Work requires being outdoors which includes exposure to all associated weather and environmental conditions i.e. heat rain, insects, and poison ivy.
Please complete a PD-107 (State Application) and drop off at the Park Office/Visitor's Center, or you may mail your completed application to: Lake Norman State Park 759 State Park Rd. Troutman, NC 28166.
For more information you may also call the park office 704-528-6350.
Posted on: Friday, June 30, 2017 - 1:03pm
The Itusi Trail is OPEN.Posted on: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 9:15am
There are no entrance fees to enjoy the park. In addition to park-specific rules, please read the systemwide Park Rules for all North Carolina State Parks.
The swimming area is open to the public year-round. Lifeguard service is offered from 10am to 5:30pm from Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day.
Fees: Swimming fees are only charged when lifeguards are on duty.
Adult (13 and over) --- $5/day
Child ages 3 - 12 --- $4/day
- Lifeguard service and locker rooms are only offered from 10am to 5:30pm from Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day
- Alcohol or being intoxicated is not allowed anywhere in the park.
- Pets are not allowed in the swim area, beach buildings or adjacent grassy hillsides and may not be left unattended anywhere in the park.
- Swimming and wading are allowed only inside the designated area.
- In the event of thunder/lightning, the beach will be cleared until 30 minutes past the last sign of danger. No refunds/rainchecks will be given for bad weather.
- Throwing objects - hard balls, sand, mud or rocks - is prohibited as other swimmers could be injured.
- Scuba diving is prohibited.
- Metal detecting is not allowed anywhere in the park.
- Coolers are allowed; however, glass and metal cans are prohibited.
- Touching swim lines or wooden pilings is prohibited.
- Visitors must obey the commands of lifeguards.
Canoe and Pedalboat Rental
Boat rentals are generally available May through September, daily from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., 4:30 p.m. being the last rental. Boat rentals in the cool weather months are available daily from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.,
3:30 p.m. being the last rental. All boat rentals are subject to staff availability.
Canoes accommodate 1 to 4 persons each, pedalboats accommodate 2 to 4 persons, kayaks and paddle boards accommodate only 1 person each.
$5 per hour
Event permits. Some events—such as weddings, athletic contests, company parties, etc.—may require a Special Activity Permit. If you're unsure whether such a permit is necessary for your event, call the park office beforehand. You can download a Special Activity permit application or obtain one from the park office.
Research and collection permits. A permit is required for any project involving the collection, removal or disturbance of any natural or cultural resource of any state park unit and for projects that require placing monitoring equipment in any state park unit. Learn more about research and collection permits or fill out a permit application online.
A $25 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
Lake Norman State Park
November- February 7am - 6pm
March, April, September and October: 7am - 8pm
May, June, July and August: 7am - 9pm
Family Campground and Boat Launch are open 24 hours through the St. Johns Road entrance.
Everyday: 8am - 5pm