Seasonal - Lifeguard
Lake James State Park seeks reliable, experienced folks who love being outdoors, being part of a dedicated team, and aren’t afraid of an honest day’s work.
Dates Employed: May – September (Memorial Day weekend – Labor Day Weekend).
Hours: 24 or 40 hours per week; typically, 8-hour workdays with 1-hour lunch.
Weekend and holiday work required.
Pay: $10.30 per hour
- Open the beach each day and close it down each evening, depending on schedule and hours
- Monitor beach-related activities closely throughout shift and identify any safety issues
- Direct swimmers out of the lake in hazardous conditions
- Monitor weather reports closely to ensure safety of visitors
- Maintain a clean environment in and around the beach
- Provide assistance to visitors when appropriate or necessary
Starting in May, we’ll begin hiring our peak-season work force. Our crew will be a diverse group, including young people with little or no prior work experience and seasoned veterans with strong work ethics who lead by example. Our lifeguards must meet all state and federal requirements, including current certification and training.
If you see yourself as a lifeguard at Lake James State Park and earning wages in either a 40-hour/week or 24-hour/week capacity, fill out an application today. We’d love to talk to you!
For more information, call 828-584-7728.
How to apply
Please fill out a North Carolina State Government Application for Employment (PD-107).
Submit the completed application:
- by dropping it off at the park office;
- mailing it to:
PO Box 340
Nebo, NC 28761
- or emailing it to email@example.com.