until the position is filled.
May to September (Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend)
24 to 40 hours per week; typically, 8-hour workdays with 1-hour lunch
Weekend and holiday work required.
$14 to $16 per hour
- Open the beach each day and close it down each evening, depending on schedule and hours
- Monitor beach-related activities throughout the shift and identify any safety issues
- Direct swimmers out of the lake in hazardous conditions
- Monitor weather reports to ensure the safety of visitors
- Maintain a clean beach environment
- Assist visitors when appropriate or necessary
Starting in May, we'll begin hiring our peak-season workforce. Our crew will be a diverse group, including young people with little or no prior work experience and seasoned veterans with a strong work ethic who lead by example. Our lifeguards must meet all state and federal requirements, including current certification and training.
How to apply
If you see yourself as a lifeguard at Lake James State Park and earning wages in either a 40-hour-per-week or 24-hour-per-week capacity, fill out an application today. We'd love to talk to you!
To apply, submit an N.C. State Government Paper Application for Employment (PD-107), to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to us at:
Lake James State Park
P.O. Box 340
Nebo, NC 28761
For more information, please call 828-584-7728.