Refreshment Stand/Bathhouse Fee Collector - 2 Seasonal Positions
Dates Employed: May – September (Memorial Day weekend – Labor Day Weekend)
Hours: 30 – 40 Hours per Week; typically, 8 hour workdays with 1 hour lunch; Weekend and holiday work required.
Pay: $8.00 per Hour
Minimum Age: 16
Required Tests: None
Job Description: Sale of retail snack food and beverage items to park visitors on Bear Island, a remote barrier island.
- Retail sale of snack food and beverage items
- Handle cash and collect payments from visitors
- Assist Bathhouse Manager with weekly inventory counts
- Custodial maintenance of bathhouse, adjacent picnic areas, and grounds
- Information source for park visitors
- Accept deliveries and assist in transporting inventory items from mainland to refreshment stand
- Interact with visitors and provide customer service
- Use of two-way/VHF radio
- Work as a team member
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic Computer Skills
- Cash handling experience
- Customer service, working/volunteering with the public experience
- Presentation of educational/interpretive programs training/experience preferred
How to apply
Complete the NC State Employment Application (PD-107) and mail with original signature to Hammocks Beach State Park.
Specify position name/title (vacancy # not required). Multiple positions for the same park may be listed.
Applications received prior to April 14, 2019 (unless extended) receive full consideration for seasonal positions at Hammocks Beach State Park.
Applications received after April 14, 2019 (unless extended) will be considered only as positions become vacant and funding is available.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by the hiring supervisor for the position. Candidates chosen for employment will be notified as soon as possible, around April 30, 2019 (unless extended).