Office Assistant - 2 Seasonal Positions
Dates Employed: Typically, 1 Position 11 months, 1 Positions May – September (Memorial Day weekend – Labor Day Weekend)
Hours: 16 – 40 Hours per Week; typically, 8-hour workdays with 1 hour lunch; Weekend and holiday work required.
Pay: $9.00 per Hour
Minimum Age: 16
Required Tests: None
Job Description: Assist in various administrative tasks including sale of camping permits, ferry tickets, and retail items; first point of contact with the general public in person and by phone in a fast-paced environment.
- Collection of camping fees, ferry tickets, rental fees
- Obtain/distribute reservation information and schedule park facility rentals using reservation software
- Accurately process payments by cash, check, gift card, and credit card transactions
- Be an information source for park visitors
- Answer telephones
- Respond to visitor questions and emails as necessary
- Interact and provide information and customer service to visitors
- Assist park office staff, superintendents, and rangers in various administrative work assignments
- Use of two-way/VHF radio
- Work as a team member
- Other duties as assigned
- Intermediate/advanced computer knowledge
- Accurate cash-handling experience
- Knowledge in operation of general office equipment
- Customer service, working/volunteering with the public experience
How to apply
Complete the NC State Employment Application (PD-107) and mail with original signature to Hammocks Beach State Park.
Specify position name/title (vacancy # not required). Multiple positions for the same park may be listed.
Applications received prior to March 31, 2019 (unless extended) receive full consideration for seasonal positions at Hammocks Beach State Park.
Applications received after March 31, 2019 (unless extended) will be considered only as positions become vacant and funding is available.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by the hiring supervisor for the position. Candidates chosen for employment will be notified as soon as possible, around April 15, 2019 (unless extended).