General Utility Worker (GUW) - 1 Seasonal Position
Dates Employed: May – October
Hours: 16 – 40 Hours per Week; typically, 8 hours shift May, September, and October, 10 hour shifts Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day Weekend; Weekend and holiday work required.
Pay: $8.00 per Hour
Minimum Age: 16
Required Tests: Drug Testing/Screening required by US Coast Guard
Job Description: Assist park maintenance staff with custodial, janitorial, landscaping, and minor repairs to park grounds and facilities. Fill in as needed for ferry deck hand position.
- Mowing grass and weed-eating throughout the park
- Trash collection and litter pick-up
- Assist maintenance staff with various maintenance projects
- Clean-up of assigned areas and facilities
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness
- Interact and provide information and customer service to visitors
- Cross trained in deckhand position to fill-in when necessary
- Use of two-way/VHF radio
- Work as a team member
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic Computer Skills
- Landscaping/mowing knowledge or experience
- Janitorial experience
- General repair knowledge or experience
- North Carolina Boaters Safety Course
How to apply
Complete the NC State Employment Application (PD-107) and mail with original signature to Hammocks Beach State Park.
Specify position name/title (vacancy # not required). Multiple positions for the same park may be listed.
Applications received prior to April 14, 2019 (unless extended) receive full consideration for seasonal positions at Hammocks Beach State Park.
Applications received after April 14, 2019 (unless extended) will be considered only as positions become vacant and funding is available.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by the hiring supervisor for the position. Candidates chosen for employment will be notified as soon as possible, around April 30, 2019 (unless extended).