Weekend Office Assistant
until the position is filled.
May 16, 2022 to October 20, 2022 – dates are tentative pending budget approval
- 16 hours per week: Saturday and Sunday
- 8-hour workdays plus 30 minutes for lunch
$14 per hour
Position includes, but is not limited to the following activities:
- Daily operations:
- The position's primary responsibility is to answer phone calls, talk to visitors at the office, monitor radio calls from the park, and update the park's website with alert information, if necessary.
- This employee will be able to answer visitor questions regarding hiking trails, campsites, and general park information.
- This employee will assist the Administrative Specialist in routine office duties, to include filing, recording, and managing visitation data; making sales and reservations in the central reservation system (CRS); collecting mail; maintaining inventory of retail items and office supplies; folding park maps; checking campers in and out in CRS; arranging retail items for display; tidying the office; and any other duties as assigned by the administrator or park superintendent.
- Field work
- This employee will assist field staff in operations duties in the field if needed or if office duties are completed.
- Field work may include all maintenance duties associated with the Profile Trailhead, to include cleaning restrooms, picking up ground litter, trimming road shoulders, and all associated grounds work. Field work may include all forms of trail work, maintenance projects, and natural resource management projects as assigned. This employee may use hand tools and power tools. This employee may be exposed to all weather and trail conditions.
- Candidate with related experience preferred.
How to apply
All applicants must submit a completed and signed NC State Government Paper Application for Employment (PD-107) to the park office. Resumes are welcome but cannot be accepted in lieu of an application.
P.O. Box 9
Linville, NC 28646
9872 Hwy 105 S
Banner Elk, NC 28604