Weekend General Utility Worker
until the position is filled.
May 16, 2022 to October 20, 2022 – dates are tentative pending budget approval
- 16 hours per week: Saturday and Sunday
- 8-hour workdays plus 30 minutes for lunch
$12 per hour
Position includes, but is not limited to the following activities:
- Daily operations: Collect hiking and camping permits from trailheads; open and clean Profile Trailhead facilities on time; pick up trash in the parking lot and along the roadway; clean facilities throughout the day; pick up all litter at trailheads and on campsites and trails; perform minor and routine trail maintenance and clean campsites; provide positive visitor contact throughout the park; provide visitors with accurate park information and any pertinent and timely weather and/or trail condition information; when necessary, supervise vehicle parking in the Profile parking lot; clean office and restrooms and remove trash and recycling; maintain a clean state vehicle; submit all required paperwork to supervisor on time; and record approved work time in the computer system.
- As directed: perform major trail work and other park projects; work with and/or supervise volunteers on projects; and may assist with interpretive programs and special events.
- This position is very physical and the employee must be able to perform work outside in all weather conditions.
- Employee must be able to hike and work for 8 hours on strenuous trails and must be able to lift heavy rocks and work with all forms of hand tools.
- Employee must be able to work with minimal oversight and supervision. Employee must be comfortable spending time alone outside.
- Employee must provide sturdy boots suitable for hiking and working on the mountain.
- Outerwear must be provided by employee. Two uniform shirts will be provided at no cost. Employee must provide green work pants following the issuance of first paycheck.
- CPR training is provided to employee after hire date and certification is required.
How to apply
All applicants must submit a completed and signed NC State Government Paper Application for Employment (PD-107) to the park office. Resumes are welcome but cannot be accepted in lieu of an application.
P.O. Box 9
Linville, NC 28646
9872 Hwy 105 S
Banner Elk, NC 28604