Seasonal Office Assistant
until the position is filled.
We are currently in need of a part-time Seasonal Office Assistant to work at the park's office.
Work schedule includes weekends, holidays, and occasionally during the week to fill in for our Administrative Associate. Work hours are typically 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. There can be some evening work on Fridays during the summer.
The position pays $9 per hour.
The job description includes, but is not limited to:
- Communicating effectively, both verbally and written
- Operating a network telephone
- Performing basic operations on a computer (word processing, spreadsheets, internet)
- Using a computer program to book camping and facility reservations
- Operating a two-way radio
- Operating an adding machine
- Assisting in the management of emergencies, i.e. receiving reports of medical problems and calling for help, etc.
- Assisting office assistants by greeting park visitors and providing them with information and assistance
- Answering the telephone and taking messages
- Performing clerical duties, such as typing letters and fliers, completing forms, processing facility reservations, and handling money and other forms of payment
- Cleaning, maintaining and disinfecting the park office and its public restrooms, as well as the offices, kitchen, and lower level hallway
- Other duties as assigned
How to apply
Fully completed and signed applications should be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the park office:
6101 Cole Mill Road
Durham, NC 27705