Under the new Executive Order taking effect as of Friday, February 26, indoor gathering limits have increased. Indoor facilities such as community buildings, auditoriums, and classroom are now open for reservations, with a maximum limit of 25 people. To rent these facilities, please contact the park directly.
Outdoor gathering limits remain at 50 people, so large outdoor facilities with a maximum capacity above that will continue to remain closed.
Visitor centers and park offices are open, and masks or face coverings are required to enter. Picnic shelters and group campsites that accommodate less than 50 people are open. Most trails, restrooms, playgrounds, campgrounds and several boat ramps are open.
Camping reservations must be done online. Walk-up camping are available only at certain loops at Jordan Lake and Kerr Lake and at backcountry campsites with self-registration boxes at trailheads. Please check the park pages for more information about camping procedures.
Swim beaches and areas are closed. There are no equipment rentals and concessions available.
When you're at the park:
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet, regardless of the behavior of others
- Bring a mask or face covering; they are required to be worn inside buildings and when social distancing cannot be implemented
- Share the trail — warn other trail users of your presence, step to the side or wait at the end of a bridge
- Do not enter restrooms until others have cleared out and please be patient when staff is cleaning them
- Touch as few surfaces as possible
- Wash or sanitize your hands before, during, and after your visit
- Do not share equipment like phones or cameras with other visitors
- If the park seems crowded when you arrive, come back another time
- Stay at home if you are exhibiting symptoms
Thank you for following these guidelines and helping us keep you, your fellow visitors and our staff safe as we open facilities at our parks.