The Cliffs of the Neuse swim lake will be open Memorial Day Weekend--Saturday, May 26th to Monday, May 28th and the next weekend--Saturday, June 2nd and Sunday, June 3rd.
After June 8th the park's seasonal staff will be out of school and the lake will be open Monday-Sunday until Labor Day Weekend, weather and staff permitting.
There is NO swimming if a lifeguard is not present.
Swimming/Bathhouse for adults (ages 13 and up): $5.00
Swimming/Bathouse for children (ages 4-12): $4.00
Times for the swim lake will be 10AM-6PM.
We will have canoes, kayaks, peddle boats, and paddle boards for rent ($5 for the first hour; $3.00 for every hour thereafter).
All purchases are final.Posted on: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 1:55pm
IMPORTANT: Not all campsites have identical amenities. Check the campsite information on the reservations website to view photos of campsites, to find out whether a site is handicap accessible; has access to restrooms or showers; has electric hookup; restrictions on number of campers or trailer length, and other important information.
- Set up a tent or trailer on one of thirty-two sites, each with its own picnic table and grill.
- The family campground at Cliffs of the Neuse is located in a wooded area near the park office.
- There are three cabins for reservation which sleep no more than six people, have electricity and a ac/heat unit; there is no water in the cabins but there is a faucet central to the cabins and access to the washhouse.
- There are twelve sites with water and electrical hookups and a dump station is provided to those camping.
- For the remaining eighteen standard sites, water is available at several locations in the camping area and a washhouse with hot showers.
- Occupancy is limited to one family or six people per site and a limit of two tents per site.
- The family campground is open year-round.
- Park gates are locked at the posted closing hours, and campers may not leave the park after closing or before 7 a.m., except in a medical emergency.
Sites 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8. 10, 12, 26, 28, and 30 now feature electricity (30 and 50 amp service offered); potable drinking water; and dedicated wastewater from each site.
The remaining 18 sites (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 29, 31, 32, and 33 are standard sites. All sites have access to the campground bathhouse and shared water spigots.
Cabins are now located on sites 7, 9, and 11. Cabins feature interior electricity and potable water (outside) and are non-smoking. Pets are prohibited, with the exception of service animals and authorized search and rescue dogs.
Cabins 9 is ADA compliant. Electric campsite 6 is ADA compliant.
A portion of the park has been set aside as a primitive camping area for organized groups. There are four sites available that can accommodate up to 30 persons each. Each site has picnic tables, a fire pit and a grill. Drinking water and waterless toilets are located nearby. Reservations are required for use of the area. Group camping is available year round.
Cliffs of the Neuse State Park
Winter (Dec., Jan., & Feb.):
7am - 6pm
Spring (March & April):
7am - 9pm
Fall (Oct. & Nov.):
7am - 8pm
9am - 5pm daily, 7 days a week. Visitor Center may be closed for one-hour at midday on weekends.