- Set up a tent or trailer on one of thirty-two sites, each with its own picnic table and grill.
- The family campground at Cliffs of the Neuse is located in a wooded area near the park office.
- There are three cabins for reservation which sleep no more than six people, have electricity and a ac/heat unit; there is no water in the cabins but there is a faucet central to the cabins and access to the washhouse.
- There are twelve sites with water and electrical hookups and a dump station is provided to those camping.
- For the remaining eighteen standard sites, water is available at several locations in the camping area and a washhouse with hot showers.
- Occupancy is limited to one family or six people per site and a limit of two tents per site.
- The family campground is open year-round.
- Park gates are locked at the posted closing hours, and campers may not leave the park after closing or before 7 a.m., except in a medical emergency.
A portion of the park has been set aside as a primitive camping area for organized groups. There are four sites available that can accommodate up to 30 persons each. Each site has picnic tables, a fire pit and a grill. Drinking water and waterless toilets are located nearby. Reservations are required for use of the area. Group camping is available year round.
IMPORTANT: Not all campsites have identical amenities. Check the campsite information on the reservations website to view photos of campsites, to find out whether a site is handicap accessible; has access to restrooms or showers; has electric hookup; restrictions on number of campers or trailer length, and other important information.
Cliffs of the Neuse State Park
Winter (Dec., Jan., & Feb.):
7am - 7pm
Spring (March & April):
7am - 9pm
Fall (Oct. & Nov.):
7am - 8pm
9am - 5pm daily, 7 days a week. Visitor Center may be closed for one-hour at midday on weekends.