Seasonal General Utility Worker
40 hours per week
Varied, weekend and holiday work required
$8 per hour
11 months or less (flexible)
- This position is generally responsible for park cleanup and maintenance:
- Cleaning facilities
- Removing litter and/or debris
- Trimming fire lines, roads, and trails, and assisting in establishing new ones
- Mowing and maintaining grounds throughout the park
- Duties will require the ability to operate park machinery: riding mowers and weedeaters
- This individual will assist permanent staff in the performance of their duties
- Might be sent to training for working prescribed burning and wildfires
- Must be able to work in all types of weather
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Assistance with park emergencies may result in employee staying longer than normal hours
All welcome to apply. A strong candidate would be interested in parks, avid love for the outdoors, maintenance, natural sciences, and/or interested in learning the duties of a maintenance mechanic. No experience necessary.
How to apply
You must fill out an NC State Government Paper Application for Employment (PD-107).
Completed forms should then be mailed to the park at:
2505 Long Valley Road
Spring Lake, NC 28390
Or you can email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by mail or email by Thursday, August 13, 2020, no later than 5:00pm.